Thanks to Sarah Wells, collège A Micheneau Villefagnan, académie de Poitiers, for her help !
Rock Cakes Recipe
Chunky hard fruity buns.
- Rub margarine into flour.
- Add sugar, fruit & egg (shell removed).
- Takes approximately: 10 min work, 20 min cooking, 50 min total.
|Sultanas or raisins||200 g|
|Moist brown sugar||75 g|
|Self raising flour||200 g|
Oven. Mixing bowl. Knife to mix with. Scales (or just estimate). Baking sheet. Greaseproof paper.
- Turn on oven to warm up to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Rub the 100 g of margarine into the 200 g of flour in mixing bowl (i.e. repeatedly pick up handfuls of the mix & use thumbs to smear it out across fingers) until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Wash hands (before everything else in the kitchen gets greasy).
- Mix in all the other ingredients (75 g moist brown sugar, 200 g self raising flour & an egg (minus shell)).
- Line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put balls (about 4 cm diameter) of the mix on the tray.
- Bake 15 to 25 min (ready when inside no longer looks raw & damp &/or a skewer pushed into a cake does not come out with stuck on dough).
- Allow to cool until hard.